Ulta Soft Matte Lip Cream review w/ swatches



Liquid lipsticks have taken the beauty world by storm, but you obviously didn’t need ME to tell you that though! I always read reviews about the obvious picks such as Ofra, NYX, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Milani (need I go on?), but I rarely hear anything about the Ulta Soft Matte Lip Creams! In my honest opinion the Ulta Beauty brand in itself is slept on way too much and it’s time that these babies got some much needed love!


These liquid lippies retail for $9, but Ulta usually has some sort of discount going on within their brand so you more than likely can snag these at a discounted price. They come in 10 different shades and I own half of the collection. They have a slightly slanted doe foot applicator and the consistency is a light mousse. These lippies dry down to a fully matte finish and are transfer proof once dry. (My definition of transfer proof is I can eat or drink without these coming off) They do not have a strong scent but when you smell inside the tube they have a slight chemical smell to them, but it isn’t anything crazy in my opinion. They can become drying after hours of wear but applying a light balm underneath, or even on gloss on top when they become drying does not affect the texture or consistency on the lips. 






Some shades apply better than others (Striking, Passionate), while some can be a little streaky and need a little extra TLC (Allusive, Tender). When it’s time to wash the day away these lippies don’t require too much extra work to be removed which is something I appreciate. Am I the only person who loves getting ready but hates getting unready? Anyways… Using my regular makeup remover wipe or a little micellar water I can easily remove these lippies without hassle. These lippies are low maintenance and come in a variety of shades and I think any liquid lipstick lover should have at least one in their collection! My personal favorite shade is Striking, which also happens to be the first one I purchased! It literally stole my heart.

Next time you’re in Ulta, don’t just breeze past the Ulta Beauty Brand because there are truly some hidden gems within! 


Comments

  1. Thanks for the info, I myself didn't know these even existed! I learned something new, thanks for sharing!! My handle _kimmicupsmakeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, I myself didn't know these even existed! I learned something new, thanks for sharing!! My handle _kimmicupsmakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out my first blog post!!!! Hopefully you'll discover more hidden gems here :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't jumped on the "liquid lip" bandwagon yet but after reading these and seeing the pretty colors I'm definitely going to check these out. SN: Congrats on the new blog!! *glamgurug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my post pretty lady!!! 😘😘

      Delete

Post a Comment

If not using a Google Account: Select "Comment As:" to filter for alternative forms of commenting. Thanks!