Vegetarian Rasta Pasta (Jerk Alfredo)


I love to eat.

There, I said it.

I have a love affair with food.

The catch is, I only like to cook half as much as I love to eat... but when I do find yummy, affordable, & easy meals to cook? You better believe I'm all in.

That's totally the case here with my Vegetarian Rasta Pasta AKA Jerk Alfredo!

Follow along with my YouTube video below if you're a visual learner, or scroll down for the ingredients list and recipe!!!



Ingredients:

Rigatoni Pasta
Orange, red, & yellow bell peppers
Zucchini
Broccoli
Asparagus
Half an onion
3 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
Butter
Heavy whipping cream
Parmesan cheese
Sea salt
Black pepper
Parsley
Onion salt
Garlic powder
Jerk seasoning

*Garlic bread

Directions:

1. First boil a pot of salt water for pasta

2. Chop bell peppers, veggies, onion, & garlic

3. Heat olive oil in frying pan to saute veggies/ peppers

4. Add peppers and onions to oil, & let them soften just a tad while stirring

5. Add garlic and continue stirring until fragrant

6. Add veggies

7. Add one tablespoon of Jerk seasoning

8. Add garlic powder, onion salt, pepper, and sea salt to taste, & continue stirring until veggies are done

9. Set veggie saute to the side

10. Add noodles to boiling water while you prepare the sauce

11. In a separate sauce pan melt 1/2 cup of butter

12. Once melted add 1 quart of heavy whipping cream, stir frequently

13. When sauce begins to simmer, add two cups of parmesan cheese and stir until incorporated

14. Add garlic powder, onion salt, pepper, sea salt, & jerk seasoning to taste, & continue stirring. Let simmer

15. Strain pasta noodles

16. Combine pasta noodles, sauce, & veggies

17. Garnish with parsley and more parmesan

18. ENJOY!!!

I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I loved eating it!!! 

Until next time.

Comments